During this class we briefly spoke about the Munich massacre
- Occurred during the 1972 Olympic games in Munich West Germany
- 11 Israeli athletes were killed
-5 of 8 Black September were killed
- The incident increased global sympathy and awareness of problems facing Israel
I didn't realize the specific reasons why the U.S. sides with Israel but I learned why :
- Democrats: Give into Israeli Lobbyists- Israeli Zionists Lobbyists target democrats
- Republicans: Give into Evangelicals: Evangelicals believe that the jews will gather in Israel before the second coming.
- As a result Israel became practically unaccountable
We touched on Iran today some things I already knew and some things were new to me:
- Iran is dedicated to " wipe Israel off the map"
- Nuclear ambitions: Russia aide to help with nuclear electricity
- Iranian leadership: Present leader vs. Religious Law Leader- nobody is above the dyatollah
- Un inspected kicked out of Iran: attempting to learn how advanced the nuclear programs were
We spoke about Iran's Human Rights Violations I was surprised at how bad things are
-I had no idea how many things are punishable by death in Iran some such as rape and murder make sense. However, gay activity, challenging Islam, leading protests and converting to Christianity.
- Iran historically ranks highest on Human Rights Violations
Following the short discussion questions were asked:
- Are we right to try to change their ways?
For me personally its a difficult question to answer because yes we should try to aid the Iranian's to have human rights however it is always tricky business to tell another country they should change the way they do things.
- Hangings Inhuman?
To me yes hangings are inhuman but being raised in America hangings are not the norm. The Iranian's are more accustom to gory things. An example of this is on April 16th at least 43 prisoners were executed in a three day period.
No comments:
Post a Comment