Sunday, April 19, 2015

During the class period we discussed global hegemonic theory . The hegemony is morally obligated two structure and influence the other countries of the earth, therefore advancing humanity. Last hegemony was the UK, but WWII ended their reign Marshall Plan handed the reigns over to the U.S.

-Do you buy into this theory?
I do believe that a global hegemony helps to have world peace but i don't think that a global hegemony is the only factor in having/maintaining global peace. I also do feel that not having a  global hegemony can cause global chaos.

- Is there chaos in the world right now and does the chaos exist because the U.S isn't accepting its responsibility?
 Yes there is chaos in the world however I personally do not think the chaos is a result of the U.S not accepting responsibility.  I think that the U.S. is accepting responsibility but the U.S can't police the entire world.At some point other countries need to be able to defend and help themselves. Every time that we try to start a war it affects the GDP of our county and we are creating enemies.

We also discussed gender

-It was mentioned that women not continuing their education past high school are looked at as being lazy and only want to concern themselves with family.

I feel that this statement isn't fair.I personally feel that there isn't anything wrong with a women being a stay at home mother. I have several girlfriends that are stay ay home mothers to be there for their young children and they go back to school once their children are at lest a year old. A women should't be looked down on because she wants to spend time with their child.

In regards to women in politices

- It was said that it is women's fault they don't get elected they should pursue majors in masculine paths.

To a point that may be correct, however according to that statement women are limited to career  paths in only the math and sciences. why is it that men can do pursue a career in whatever they feel like and woman are limited to math and sciences?

No comments:

Post a Comment